ISO 50001-2018 Certification
ISO 50001 is a management system that helps you improve the energy performance in your business, and use the energy more efficiently. Thus, the objective of this standard is to cut energy costs while improving business sustainability.
Companies that have used ISO 50001 Energy Management standard have managed to improve quality and environmental management. Even though the ISO 50001 is not obligatory, organizations worldwide can face a high number of benefits by obtaining this certification.
BIQS – we provide a third-party audit, and upon verification that an organization is in compliance with the requirements of ISO 50001, will issue an ISO 50001 certificate.
Benefits of ISO 50001 certification to your customers
- Energy cost reductions
- Green Manufacturing
- Less polluted, healthier and safer environment
- Quality product and services
- Energy efficiency
Benefits of ISO 50001 certification to your organization
- Reduced carbon footprint and greenhouse-gas emissions
- Meet mandatory energy efficiency goals or legislations
- In some countries mandatory if you want to tender for some public sector work
- Reduce energy costs
- Increase credibility intended for customers and stakeholders
- More effective risk management
- Help manage a in sink decision making procedure with all staff members
- Develop a well-managed right the first time approach
- Provides senior management with an efficient management process
- Demonstrated compliance with customer, regulatory and/or other requirements
- Sets out areas of responsibility across the organization
- Improves, communicates a positive message to staff and customers
- Provides continual assessment and improvement
The initial document based on which BIQS sets the duration of the audit. Once completed, the MS Application Form needs to be submitted to BIQS for approval and determination of audit duration.
Once the dates are confirmed and the audit plan has been submitted, the auditor can conduct the audit. The Initial Certification Audit is carried out in 2 stages:
– Stage 1
– Stage 2
After the completion of the audit, the auditor needs to submit the audit report to BIQS for review and approval.
After approval it should be submitted to the auditee as well.
Based on the recommendation of the auditor and the results of the evaluation of the audit report, BIQS makes the decision for granting or refusing certification. In case of a successful audit closing, the certificate will be issued within two weeks.
The auditee needs to demonstrate that they continue to satisfy the requirements of the respective management system standard. Certificates are valid for 3 years and are maintained through surveillance and recertification audits .