Food safety is a joint responsibility of all parties participating in the food chain. The ISO 2200 standard is focused on the development, implementation and improvement of a Food Safety Management System. Those who are involved in food processing, manufacturing, and distribution should adopt and implement the ISO 22000.
BIQS – we provide a third-party audit, and upon verification that an organization is in compliance with the requirements of ISO 22000, will issue an ISO 22000 certificate.
Benefits of ISO 22000 certification to your customers
- Ensured safe food
- Better quality in the food industry
- Conformity of products and services
- Ensures quality, safety and reliability
Benefits of ISO 22000 certification to your organization
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of the Food Safety Management System
- Provides a framework for management commitment, communication with suppliers and customers,
- Engagement of HACCP and other preventive plans that ensure food safety
- Commitment to customer satisfaction
- Improves the reputation of the company
- Alignment with other internationally acknowledged standards
- Helps minimize food safety risks
- Increases transparency in food safety responsibility
The initial document based on which BIQS sets the duration of the audit. Once completed, the MS Application Form needs to be submitted to BIQS for approval and determination of audit duration.
Once the dates are confirmed and the audit plan has been submitted, the auditor can conduct the audit. The Initial Certification Audit is carried out in 2 stages:
– Stage 1
– Stage 2
After the completion of the audit, the auditor needs to submit the audit report to BIQS for review and approval.
After approval it should be submitted to the auditee as well.
Based on the recommendation of the auditor and the results of the evaluation of the audit report, BIQS makes the decision for granting or refusing certification. In case of a successful audit closing, the certificate will be issued within two weeks.
The auditee needs to demonstrate that they continue to satisfy the requirements of the respective management system standard. Certificates are valid for 3 years and are maintained through surveillance and recertification audits .