Internal auditing is one of the fundamental mechanisms for maintaining but also for developing and improving existing working practices within an organisation. This course concentrates on the most important attributes of the ISO 45001:2018 management system and helps delegates to understand the role of the auditor in development and improvement of this system.
2 Days, 09.00 – 17.00
Who should attend?
This course is essential for those who will undertake internal health and safety management system audits or who will be required to plan, manage and implement an internal audit programme.
Participants are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
- Knowledge of OHS management systems elements and its relationship to Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle
- Knowledge of OHS management systems, consisting of: Fundamental concepts and related principles
- Terms, definitions and awareness of the ISO 45001 management system requirements
- Basic knowledge and awareness of the OHS legislation relevant within their jurisdiction
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify OHS management system standards applicable to health and safety
- Understand the key terminology related to internal auditing
- Explain the stages of the auditing process
- Plan, prepare, communicate and schedule for an internal audit
- Implement an effective internal audit
- Collect, verify and evaluate information relevant to the audit
- Prepare clear audit findings
- Conduct an effective audit feedback meeting
- Write and distribute an audit report
- Conduct follow-up audit activities
The course content is based on the following course structure overview:
- OHS Management System
- Audit Fundamentals
- Internal Audit Planning
- Conducting the Audit
- Reporting Audit Outcomes
- Audit Follow Up
What are the benefits
This course, combined with an OH&SMS Foundation Course, satisfies the formal training requirement for those wishing to work as an Internal OH&SMS Auditor. Successful delegates will be equipped with the technical skills and knowledge required to plan, conduct and report internal health and safety effectively.