Knowledge and understanding of ISO 45001:2018 is more than simply reading the standard’s text. It demands an understanding of the requirements and a considered application of the standard to the organisation. After this course you will have sufficient insight to be able to evaluate your own organisation's arrangements and identify how they can be improved.
Who Should Attend?
It is ideal for managers, supervisors, health and safety representatives, OH&S consultants and those with health and safety management responsibilities or anyone wishing to understand the impact and relevance of ISO 45001:2018 to their organisations.
This course will equip delegates with an understanding of the development and application of OHSMS techniques and how the ISO 45001:2018 standard is interpreted and implemented.
On completion of the course delegates will be able to:
• Understand the purpose and business benefits of an OHSMS
• Outline the structure and content of ISO 45001 and its relationship with Annex SL
• Interpret the requirements of ISO 45001 in the context of an effective OHSMS
- Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS) - introduction and key OHS concepts
- OHSMS based on ISO 45001:2018 including the Process Approach
- Key ISO 45001 requirements
- Organisational context
- OH&S Policy and Planning
- Risks and opportunities to the OHSMS
- Hazard identification and elimination and controls, operation, performance evaluation and improvement
- ISO 45001:2018 requirements including; worker needs, interests and participation as well as interested parties
- Continual improvement of an OHSMS
What are the Benefits?
- Attendance will enable delegates to:
- Decide how best to develop the OHSMS of their organisation and avoid common problems
- Add to their occupational health and safety management career credentials
- Understand the relevance of OHSMS standards to their organisation
- Improve OHS decision-making
- Demonstrate the competitive benefits of OHSMS standards to their own and other organisations