This foundation course gives an introduction to the most widely used standard for Quality Management in the world. Creation of a successful quality system relies on more than reading the text in the standard; it demands an understanding of requirements and a considered application of the standard to the organisation. This course will provide delegates with an insight into the important world of quality standards, their development and the certification process.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Specially designed for managers, supervisors, those with potential quality roles or anyone wishing to understand and assess the impact and relevance of quality management to their organisations. Also useful to anyone who needs an introduction to quality assurance.
This course will equip delegates with an understanding of the development and application of Quality Management techniques and how the ISO 9001:2015 standard is interpreted and implemented.
On completion of the course we expect delegates to be able to:
• Describe the purpose of a quality management system with relevance to the 7 principles of quality management
• Explain the purpose, content and interrelationships of ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004
• Interpret the requirements of ISO 9001 in the context of an effectively implemented business management system
• Background to Quality Assurance
• Setting quality objectives
• The ISO 9001:2015 series standards
• Measurement and analysis
• Process Approach
• Continual improvement
• The 7 quality management principles
• Organisational Context
• ISO 9001 clause requirements
• Risk based thinking
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Attendance will enable delegates to:
• Decide how best to develop the Quality Management Systems of their organisation
• Add to their quality management career credentials
• Understand the relevance of quality standards to their organisation
• Be able to set quality objectives.
• Demonstrate the competitive benefits of quality standards to their own and other organisations